2010年4月22日 星期四

World Book Day:23 April

Though being a book lover, I don't know 23 April (tomorrow) is the World Book Day, until I read it on the Facebook. If you are interested in the World Book Day, take a look at this website: http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php-URL_ID=5125&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

Recently I read books on economics and finance, two fields I don't know well, and want to know more. Personal, it's late for me to know the importance of investment, so I have to catch up; and the second reason is that HK is a financial center after all. I don't think a politician is well qualified to serve HK as a whole if he or she lacks the basic knowledge of economics and finance and policies of these important fields.

I had read 林行止's old book named《經濟家學》and 蔡東豪(即原復生)'s work. I know it's certainly not enough. It's just the beginning. I'll write about 蔡東豪 later. 

BTW, yesterday I happened to buy a second hand book: Roy Jenkins' Churchill. It's a thick book(over 1,000 pages!),I will read it later. You will know why I like books on Churchill at my previous entries: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/our_wch/searchblog_art?p=Churchill&my=1



1 則留言:

青蛙仔 提到...

世界閱讀日, 青蛙仔都在努力溫書中!