2007年11月20日 星期二

Non-Chinese Residents are Members of Our Community Too

Thanks to Allan, a voter in my constituency, who reminded me that I'd been ignoring non-Chinese voters during my campaign, because there's no English information at all! (Actually, he complained three candidates in WCH, included myself, are indifferent to non-Chinese.)


I sincerely apologize for not providing English information for non-Chinese residents.  I fully understand that non-Chinese residents should be treated with the same respect like Chinese.


I now promise here that I will try my best to use more English to let non-Chinese residents know what's happening in our community, because non-Chinese are members of our community too.


But I still need to sorry that due to the resource reason, I may not provide as much information in English as in Chinese. I will try to have an English abstract if I can’t translate the whole content of my blog article and the leaflet.  


By the way, thanks to Allan again, I'd translated my election post into English. If you would like to have one copy, pls email me at wongchukhang@gmail.com  to get one. Because there's still one page has not yet been translated, I'll post it on this blog once the whole translation is completed.


Your comments are always welcome.


......


Here is the English translation of my last blog article....


This is an edited email I sent to residents in WCH district, I post it here to share with all of you.


Dear friends,


I won the election by receiving 2073 votes!   




















D15


Wong Chuk Hang


1


HUI Wan-mai

301

2


TSUI Yuen-wa

2,073*

3


WONG Choi-lap

1,277


(http://www.elections.gov.hk/dc2007/eng/results_southern.html)



I cried while I knew the result, because of happiness of course. And there's another reason: the result DOES show that votes recognize and appreciate our community work! As I wrote it once in my leaflet, they scored my work with very high marks. I was touched by these voters.


I'll remember that feeling forever.



 No shortcut to success but hard work. I wrote it in my election post, it's my family motto. We do believe in hard work, simply because we think there's no free lunch at all. We need to pay what we get, with hard work.


I couldn't help but cried again while I phoned my dad to tell him the result: I haven’t failed my dad. He told me to be hardworking and sincere while I started working.


I'll go to our community to thank for your support in the coming days. And I need to prepare to take up my challenge as an elected district councillor.


Winston Churchill once said in his famous speech, 'I have nothing to offer, but blood, toil, tears and sweat.'(我貢獻不了什麼,但我有的是熱血、苦功、眼淚和汗水。


I'll do my best to serve our community in the coming four years with the same spirit.


Again, I thank you for your support! You've been kind to me.




 



沒有留言: