2009年6月4日 星期四

The Unwritten Unalterable Laws

今晚靜坐,想起鄧拓先生以下詩句。謹以此紀念六四20周年:


莫道書生空議論,頭顱擲處血斑斑。



Tonight's sit-in demonstration for June 4 crackdown reminds me the following dialougue in the ancient Greek tragedy Antigone, because I know the leaflet that the mothers of the June 4 victims cannot openly remember their past son or daughter:  


P. 138-139


Creon(the King): ...... Did you know the order forbidding such an act?


Antigone: I knew it, naturally. It was plain enough.


Creon: And yet you dared to contravene it?


Antigone: Yes.


    That order did not come from God. Justice,


    The dwells with the gods,below, knows no such law.


    I did not think your edicts strong enough


    To overrule the unwritten unalterable laws


    Of God and heaven you being only a man.


    They are not of yesterday or to-day, but everlasting,


    Though where they came from, none of us can tell.


    Guilty of their transgression before God


    I cannot be, for any man on earth.


    I knew that I should have to die, of course,


    With or without your order. If it be soon,


    So much the better. Living in daily torment


    As I do, who would not be glad to die?


    This punishment will not be any pain.


    Only if I had let my mother's son


    Lie there unburied, then I could not have borne it.


    This I can bear. Does that seem foolish to you?


    Or is it you that are foolish to judge me so?


(http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/our_wch/article?mid=3160)




1 則留言:

羽毛球勁人 提到...

鄧拓先生死左好慘是吗.